It has happened, I have felt the first stirrings of excitement about our adventure to New York next week (!). Yes, the baby may go boneless and scream for 7 days straight; yes, we may all get chapped and dribble snot and contract airport viruses; and yes, I may be defending my bottom against commentary about my need to still eat - but there may be a moment where I can close the door on it all and stand outside at night and let the snowfall stir that small still bit of me that I left on Black Mesa. Maybe revert for just a minute to the girl in pink rubber boots and a too-small blue parka who searched the close emptiness and imagined towering beasts just out of sight, enjoying being right there inside herself for a little bit.

Maybe?
Exciting! Have fun, boneless baby or no.
ReplyDeleteholy shit I love this illustration so much I left my Snuggy on the floor when I jumped out of my skin!
ReplyDeleteYay! I rubbed the little red pencil down to a nub shading that in, hiding in the back room between sets of school kids coming through to fight over who gets the battered copy of "Bad Cats".
ReplyDelete^_^