Monday, January 18, 2010

winter weekend

No food. Rummaging in the backs of the cupboards, we pulled together bits and scraps and forgotten boxes.

I made cereal candies, which the kids poked at suspiciously. Gavin opted for back-of-the-fridge yogurt, Leif ate a butt wipe.



Covered up the smell of the neighbors' ciggies and spliffs with a loaf of beer bread, made with the new batch of home-brewed honey beer.



Slim pickings are good eating.

Knitting occurs in the in-between bits, amidst mid-morning coffee and evening popcorning. Yesterday, a mitten was born.



Then I remembered that I hate double-pointed needles. Also the thumb is too stubby. Mittens are stupid and I WILL NOT MAKE ANY MORE MITTENS. Pulled out the super-squashy Dark Horse yarn to soothe mitten rage, despite the fact that it was an absolutely hideous color.



variegated yarn = gross

Knitting not doing so well. On to sewing instead.


To Do List

As soon as these illustrations are done, I will run back to the embrace of my sewing cupboard. There are several pregnant women who have been holding in babies while I stall for time.

Realized that I forgot to show off the manly quilt, which has already been in use since Halloween, and blessed with cat barf. Thrice. But you can't tell, because it is black! I win!



Still needs some more quilting.

In the works: the Deer Valley blanket. Has been basted and slowly hand-stitched for ages now.




note: these are the stairs of doom which we keep cartwheeling down. Points detracted for endangering my first-born offspring by perching him on the landing.

Nowhere near finished: the Anna Maria Horner quilt - last year's Mother's Day gift to myself. But the top is done!



Yes, will be very productive when I get a break from all this stuff I'm doing.

2 comments:

  1. Talked to our friend Jen today over tea about how awesome and great you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, YOU are! I want tea and talking! Should have spent less time weeping in front of the internet in CA, and more time driving north to get up to badness with you lot. Adding that to my time-machine list. Hmm... there are some things on this list I could probably still do in real-time. Off to tell Mike's ex that she is a whore, happy pseudo-Monday!

    ReplyDelete