Have returned to the homestead, which, in a week, was littered with lizard and centipede corpses and smug cats. The spiders attempted full-fledged overthrow. Had to shake them out of the pans to cook dinner, and spent ten minutes chasing them out of the bathtub before turning on the water. Wily beasties. At 7:30pm, Leif took me by the finger and led me to bed, where I last remember wondering in a detached manner whether it sounded like I was falling asleep between lyrics of our bedtime song. Woke at midnight to a dark house, still in my jeans and cardigan. Someone had put pajamas on the pillow next to me. D'aww. Considering I normally wake up if I hear one of the cats stretch, this is Big News for me.
*edited to add: I have been informed by the man-person that I was comatose and unresponsive to nudges, crooning, proding, and using my own arm to slap my face. That's nice, isn't it? I could have been dead, and he didn't even ask.
Forgot to mentionLeast favorite moment of trip: Continental Airlines has nifty little maps of the country with a little airplane flying across it on a dotted line, so you can see where you are. I like that. I did not like waking up to turbulence, opening my eyes to check the screen for assurance, and seeing an inflight arcade game.

AUUUGHH! We're going to die!! Why would they ANIMATE that?!
I love the Continental airlines in-flight Atari game. I watched it for 12 straight hours once. Not such a smart move, as it resulted in me going completely insane by hour 4 and contemplating jumping out my window by hour 9.
ReplyDeleteI just snorted out loud, which was really embarrassing, given that I'm in class right now.
ReplyDelete