Sunday, January 03, 2010

New Year 2010

On Oahu, the boy was dashing through the smoky firecracker-riddled streets with his cousins and waving sparklers beneath the blossoms of the neighborhood's illegal aerials; on Maui, the infink snoozed peacefully and the cats tipped their ears at the distant pops of the odd firework while we curled sleepily together like hamsters in front of a terrible action film. Mike called his family as the ball dropped in New York, and we admired the blue moon from the front patio.



We were too drowsy to fetch the champagne, but flipped to the rerun of the Times Square countdown, gathered ourselves up in the couch blanket, and for the first time in 4 years I was properly kissed as the clock struck midnight. That's good for a start.


Pau vacation

The man flew off for the weekend to fetch the boy back from grannie. As he left, I dragged myself from my bed of pain (the bathroom - yay food poisoning) to wave goodbye. "Be safe!" "I will!" and he fell down the stairs.

While I have been trying to apply the burners and attempt to meet my illustration deadline, the infink has:

Stripped off his clothes and dunked them in the Physics Bucket (cat litter tray with an inch of water)
Learned to ask for water with a sweet lilting "baba?"
Dumped the water on the downstairs neighbors
Peed on the couch
Gone into a frenzy of gollum dancing
Laughed maniacally singing "Willaby Wallaby Woo" for every animal in his books while he mimed smashing them to death
Eaten part of a used diaper


He also escaped via cat door,


and then tried to bash in my head with a jug.


He's a deliciously wicked little nazgul, and I loves him.

Will be happy to get the security-man back so I have a human shield between me and the axe murderers again.

No comments:

Post a Comment