In 2009, I:
* Lost my Great-Grandma.
* Gained 2 nephews and 2 boy cousins. Developing suspicions about nationwide epidemic of male sperm. (fault = corn syrup, probably.)
* Had one close call with death.
* Lost 10 lbs. Gained 4.
* Went to the opera with my mom.
* Was on the news; apologized to Anchorman McHandsomepants for 'turning into a squirrel'. (Smooth)
* Signed two book contracts, produced 42 illustrations. Did not work on graphic novel.
* Took up quilting and sewing, in continued efforts to Keep Busy and Not Think About Things.
* Knitted two cardigans and several useless hoodies for the baby, ripped out the fingerless gloves I discovered myself making for someone I oughtn't. Also knitted tiny mouse sweaters (ornaments) for mother-in-law, and retracted all the bad things I said about knitting scarfs.
* Slapped ex-husband in the face twice, cried 4 times.
* Learned to remove graffiti/skin with exciting chemicals.
* Made a new girlfriend. Womanfriend. Pal. (Why do men get "bromance"? "Ho-mance" is not so good.)
* Reconnected with cousins and uncle.
* Turned 30, with sense of relief. And bad hair cut.
* Ate terrible ceviche.
* Ate fantastic quail eggs.
* Read 3 books. Partway-read another 30 or so. Wrote a few chapters of 2.
* Accidentally weaned infant from just one side of my bosom.
* Cheered infant's learning to crawl and walk.
* Cheered Gavin's first ride on the motorcycle (no cheers for the second ride, when he tried to fall asleep and slip off).
* Enjoyed 8 different kinds of home-brewed beer.
* Didn't throw up.
* Resisted making an ass of myself on the internet. Pretty much.
* Caught poop with my hand.
And look! One of my hobos gave me a muu muu.

And now I can add "got body lice" to that list.
Hopes for new year include:
* No family or friends dying.
*Finding something on tv that ignites hysteria and obsession, the way Battlestar did for the first 2 seasons.
* Losing last 5 lbs. Ok, 9. My aunt sent a box of Big Turk, it couldn't be helped.
* Seeing old friends and family on the mainland, buying overpriced crap from Purl Soho and that fish & chips place we saw on the food network.
* Finding self back on Oahu during bronze-casting season.
* Working on book #4. Maybe effing GRAPHIC NOVEL.
* Getting back into yoga.
* No, fuck yoga.
* Using my bag of plastic eyeballs and noses.
* Finishing the UFOs in my sewing cupboard; actually trying projects from my collection of craft books. Probably not the one for menstrual pads, though.
* No more babies. At least not until mankind learns to produce female sperm again.
* Eating a new food. Maybe some exotic cheese, or grits.
You get the idea.
Congrats on the book success.
ReplyDeleteHere is info from the parks department on removing tagging
http://www.nps.gov/history/hps/tps/briefs/brief38.htm
Have a great new year.
Ha! Your thought process re: yoga is exactly what I thought to myself around new year's resolution time. I don't really like yoga, so WHY DO I KEEP MAKING MYSELF FEEL BAD FOR NOT DOING IT? I blame corn syrup for this as well.
ReplyDeleteyep, 10 minutes of pushups and crunches is much easier to ignore than an hour of yoga. I don't do pushups and crunches all the time. Babies count as weight lifting anyway.
ReplyDeleteIf it's not the corn syrup, it's red food coloring for sure. Mike knows when I'm feeling sorry and self-destructive when he catches me sucking on twizzlers.