The nights have been cold, and the days are chilly enough for socks and sweatshirts. I dug through my Stephen King books until I found a short story about Roland that I hadn't read, then curled up with tea and a blueberry muffin to chase away the cloud of depression that has been over me.
Mike tried to dye my hair red for St. Patty's, and was successful for most parts of my head. Tonight our Scottish group has a dance demo at Aloha Tower. I'll be joining the crowd in the drunken block party and cheering on the dancers with Gavin on my hip, then joining everyone at Gordon Biersch for a home-brewed root beer before doing my bit as the designated driver. Part of me wishes I could get a babysitter, hit the town, and have a few drinks like everyone else, but this is a family outing, it's not for me. I would only end up sitting on a bench somewhere, frowning at the crowd with a half-sipped drink in my hands, anyway.
I am not wearing green, but at least I put a corned beef on to simmer. Impulsively, I got online and ordered a subscription to Juxtapoz magazine, and I feel a bit better.
No comments:
Post a Comment