Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Quest

I was assigned a book to read for my YA lit class, and for the life of me, I was unable to find this book. It was missing off the shelves of every library on the island. Every book store said it was out of print and hadn't been stocked since 1995. A used copy ordered from the internet got lost in the mail. I was determined to read this damned book, and it was with bitter satisfaction that I unwrapped the battered packaging of the lost book when it finally arrived in our mailbox, three weeks late and after my assignment was already due (I read a different book, but it really didn't matter, winning was the point).

So now I've been hunting for chocolate glazed donut holes for nearly 2 weeks. I want just one. One! So of course every grocery store in the area is out of stock. At first I was just glancing at the bakery and snack sections as I walked by, then I began making express trips just to look. Yesterday, I dragged Mike and Gavin all the way to Kailua to visit the one Dunkin Donuts on our side of the island - and they were closed for A/C repairs. This means a trip across the island to the Dunkin Donuts in Waikiki, I think.

I should count my blessings that my life is so boring. Adventure is never fun while it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment