I’m so proud of him, and of Eva. She’s class president, valedictorian, and starting pre-med as a biochemistry major at Penn State. Her family buried her in leis. The two of them spent the evening on the beach outside her house, playing a loud slapping game of cards and chasing crabs with their closest friends while my family partied with her family (my mother reported on this and enjoyed the food). Their friend group is making life plans, getting excited about all the places they’ll visit together on school breaks. I love that for them.
I’m a mess. High school graduation is a big deal in Hawaii. I wanted to be there for Leif. I am having BIG FEELINGS about it. Along with that, I am PISSED AT MIKE. But you know what? We have firemen at the college all week for some kind of training course, so I am going to go get a cold Tim Hortons coffee and look at them. With my eyeballs. And then hide in my office. Because I’m not actually interested in firemen.
Anyway. It was Leif’s day, I love him a lot, we’ll be back together for his birthday, and I’ll be making up for lost time in baked goods.
Congratulations to the class of 2026!





As you already know, high school graduation has a lot of meaning and not just to the kids. It can be mighty hard on the parents too. Congratulations to that fine boy of yours who would not be nearly as fine if you were not the amazing mother you are.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Leif! Taking the next step into the big wide, world, may he go well.
ReplyDelete