Monday, May 18, 2026

Dept of Misc

Booked my tickets back to Hawaii for the summer. Goddamn it. 

Tim was very excited to hire me as a sub while he goes on vacation, so I’ll be spending a few weeks working my old job. GODDAMN IT.  (I’ll be glad to see my favorite library people again, though.)

It rained, and the tool shed flooded. I don’t have a ladder or wood or shingles to fix the roof, so I set up buckets and tubs and containers to catch the leaks. One of them was a bit flimsy, and I had it shoved up under the beams, so when I pulled it down it collapsed under the weight of the water and dumped it all in my face. And nobody was there to see it. 

This weekend was a beautiful warm holiday weekend, and town is shut down until Tuesday!

I broke my tooth on Saturday. 

Planted a rose bush. 

Painted a daffodil. 

Fixed the laundry line and hung clothes out to dry. 

Got mad at my knitting because I ran out of the color I needed and forgot to save the label so I could buy more.

Saw Project Hail Mary, through… means. Very fun, Zenny’s re-reading the book again.

Currently listening to the new murderbot book.


This week: adventures in dentistry. Is there a dentist who can fabricate caps anywhere on the peninsula? We will find out. At least it won’t cost $600 a cap like it did in Hawaii. Unless I have to drive to St. John’s to get it - gas is rising so fast, the Triangle station finally just gave up and unplugged the pricing sign.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're going through one of those periods of time the old blues song talks about- if it wouldn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all. Actually, I'm pretty sure that Eric Clapton appropriated that one.
    Anyway.
    I like the idea of you hanging clothes outside and planting a rose and a daffodil. These are good things.

    ReplyDelete