Friday, June 13, 2025

imaginary books and miniature paintings

Had a dream that I was in the middle of a fight against head-ripping monsters when I got a Ring notification from my front door. The video showed my old crush leaving a paperback book on my porch. I zoomed in on the small blurry video image to see the book was beige, very old and worn out, with a tall dark figure on the torn cover, kind of like an old fantasy or pulp fiction novel. It has been bugging the shit out of me. What book was it?! My brain had to be drawing it up from somewhere.

Haven't been sleeping well in general, partly because of my ongoing battle with Blender. Usually when I wake up at 3:30am I try to go back to sleep, but lately I've just been laying in bed until 4:30, deciding it's technically morning, and then going downstairs to drink tea and mess with 3D modeling. Finally got the hang of it and knocked out a few designs for mini painting frames. I've got kind of a big pile at this point, so I'm making an Etsy shop to get them moving. 

The mini canvases can vary in size by a millimeter or two, so I decided to just include the blank canvases for free so I know they fit properly - the only thing worse than selling things is getting complaints about them. I mean, goddamn, I just want to be the grunt who makes stuff, not the person who tries to build a brand or pester people for reviews or track "engagement". Trying to keep it simple. 

So I'll post an announcement when that goes up. 

Otherwise, summer is summering, and it's really busy at the library. Not hating work at the moment because my coworker is out for a few weeks and I've been doing her job in the back room, processing new books and listening to survival/spooky true story podcasts. It's a nice break from the constant flood of people trying to make me print their stuff/fill out personal documents for them/yelling at me about needing a thumb drive to scan things on the copy machine. 

Doing okay.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea what Blender was and after doing a very brief google search, I now know next to nothing about it. What I do know is that you are an incredibly intelligent and talented human being and I wish you could get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete