A couple months ago, to prep for the whole landscape painting thing, I started painting tiny master copies on my lunch breaks at work. Then I got busy learning Blender and printing out tiny frames for them, thinking it might be fun for my library kids to paint on tiny canvases and then host a miniature gallery show at the end of the summer with everything framed. My brain REALLY did not like learning Blender after spending decades trying to forget my entire degree in computer animation, but I reignited the old brain connections like someone throwing breakers in an abandoned bunker.
Before leaving on vacation, I cleaned my desk and stashed all my art stuff. Got back to work this week (with the little framed paintings to show my coworker) and two mini easels were set up in the middle of my desk, each with a brand new mini canvas in a size larger than I normally get. None of my coworkers left them for me. Officemate says they appeared partway through my trip. The only other person who might know I paint these things is the nighttime security guard, who may have seen them while heating up their midnight hot pockets.
It is a mystery. I did start painting on one already, though. Thanks, secret patron of the arts.

Well, honey, it's good to know you have options.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice surprise to come back to.
P.S. The first computer I ever had was an Apple Performa. God, I loved it.