The deluxe Ghostbusters costume I ordered was NOT a women's size medium, but I did not try cramming my butt into the narrow jumpsuit until after the return window closed. Irritated, I ordered a cheap moth cape, and threw in a pair of articulated bat wings for no reason other than "hey, cool, the wings move". The girl wore an Umbrella Academy uniform, and decided that she could be an alternate timeline character and the wings could be her super power. Let me tell you, I have never made a better costume purchase. While trick-or-treating, she popped her wings up to surprise people at every door, and they all jumped and gave her extra candy. She was dragging a pillow case with about 30lbs of sugar by the end of the evening.
While we were flapping around the neighborhood, the boy was out with his friends, walking around Waialua in a historic reproduction of a World War II uniform. He also bought theater replicas of WWII firearms, but I would not let him out of the house with a realistic rifle and pistol, even if they did have orange tips. We took pictures for a What We Do in the Shadows kind of painting, though. (He's not into war/shooting, he's just a history guy. Last year he bought a suit of armor.)
We’re running out of Halloweens with these kids. I’m having feelings about it.
Edited to add: Tonight is the awards ceremony at the gallery. Here's hoping.



Oh, Holly! I am so hoping for good news! Your children are so beautiful in all the ways.
ReplyDelete