It has been rainy and cold all week, making it feel more like winter. I'm hoping the weather stays until New Year's Eve, to rain out the fireworks a little bit. Still a bit salty about my neighbors almost hitting my kid with an aerial rocket.
The kids weren't done shopping, so I took them to Pearlridge mall on Monday evening. The brothers split up from us before I could try to talk Gavin into riding the toddler Christmas train like he used to when he was little, so Zenny and I went looking for her class Secret Santa gift. Each kid was given a questionnaire to fill out that listed their likes/interests, and the girl Zenny was assigned to had just written "Spider-Man plushie" for every question, so that is what we tried to find.
After an hour of looking, we finally found a Venom plushie. Close enough. We met the boys in the food court for dinner and walked around looking at the options until a lady at L&L waved toothpick samples of mochiko chicken at us. The kids like fried chicken, so we ordered a couple of mini plates and then watched the woman scoop the entire tray of chicken onto them and squeeze the lids shut. It was the end of the day and she was not interested in dealing with leftovers. Fine with me.
It's really great having all my kids together again. I feel ready to make this holiday happen.
You are a great holiday mom.
ReplyDeleteScore on the chicken! You are a good holiday mom to navigate the mall so close to Christmas. Woke up to 13 degrees this morning, so no worries about rogue fireworks at this time of year, which is fine by me as I hate them. Wishing you and yours a lovely holiday.
ReplyDelete