Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Oh good

Now the shingles have spread to my face. Just itchy and blotchy so far, but overall shingles has a downvote from me. It only attaches itself to middle-aged people because people it’s own age (25 BCE) won’t have anything to do with it.


Feeling cute, might develop painful unilateral blistering rash later IDK

The little quilt I’m working on:


I had an idea for a painting, and decided that spending 3-6 months hand-quilting a backdrop was totally fine. That was supposed to be a problem for Future Holly, who isn’t going to be pleased about being handed off the appliqué work of Covid Holly.


Wtffff

Started a still life today, and only got the background in before I had to lie down. I kind of like this hole-punched-in-the-easel stage.


Doing okay. Appliqué notwithstanding.

4 comments:

  1. I've heard shingles are horrible. I have GOT to get my vaccine. I'm so sorry you're going through this but damn woman- you are making good use of your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just sucks. Saw my Mother and a sister go through shingles. That's when I decided to march my butt quickly to the pharmacy and let them jab me...twice (eight weeks apart) which is required for the newer dose. I can't convince my husband to go for the shots as he's still very busy whining about how much his latest flu/covid shots HURT. Geeze. I hope you recover quickly and yes, at least you're enjoying that alone time and the bed to yourself. I think your applique is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you recover quickly! You are keeping busy, which helps to pass the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better.You have had a rough ride of late. The Shingles vac has been on my list for months- must get it done!

    ReplyDelete