Navigating a group of 5 through activities and meals is not a relaxing vacation. The youngest and the oldest of the group keep needing to rest and have refreshments, they don’t want to climb anything, and they keep veering off into thrift stores or playgrounds. KEEP UP, WE HAVE AN AGENDA.
I have given up with the agendas, now I just get everyone to a single destination and follow them around with a water bottle and snacks. Historic site. Downtown. Deer Centre. Today we are going to find the art museum in Dundee. Hold me in your thoughts.
It is beautiful, though. The raptor demonstration at the Scottish Deer Centre was amazing, the birds flew free and brushed their wings on your head as they passed. The wind is cold, and we are zipped up in warm jackets. We ate the best cheese we’ve ever had at the cheesemonger’s shop. We met with friends and had lunch at the famous old golf course like fancy people. The groceries are affordable, the food is fresh, the parks are full of children, and the transit is safe. I’ve seen two beggars and some shabby shuffling people in the outer towns, but none of the bags and tents that come with homelessness. Our friends say the NHS scoops them up and helps them, though it’s not perfect. It’s miles closer to perfect than what I’m used to, though.
I know things wouldn’t look so sweet while hiking through ice and sleet to get to the grocery store, but today I have an art museum with a cafe full of scones to keep me happy. If I can get everyone out the door. Some aero bars on the end of a stick should get them going.











It looks like you are having the very best time but yes, I can only imagine trying to herd the cats that make up your group. What a lovely trip! Your children (and you) will remember it always, from owls to cheese.
ReplyDeleteSo there are places where there is still infrastructure and homeless people aren't left to fend for themselves on the streets. It sounds like a place of safety.
ReplyDelete