While getting ready for this trip, I sat down with Zenny to get manicures for the very first time. My nails are weak, short, and sad, but I figured that maybe if I actually took care of them they could become healthy, normal, and respectable. Zenny chose sparkling electric blue, I chose "just make me look less anemic" pink, and then I let the girl and the nail tech talk me into an extra coat of glitter. It looked a bit silly on me, but the kid was happy, and the nails looked like proper fingernails for a change, so it felt like money well spent.
Three days later, I experienced my first nail emergency.
The gel didn't adhere properly (GLITTER), and it suddenly started
peeling up in big bubbles on all my fingers. My problems tend to be
second- and third-world sorts of things -- busted pipes, dying animals,
inadequate emergency services, ineffective bureaucratic systems -- so
first-world problems are kind of new and exciting. I hurried back to the
salon, waved my peeling nails at them, and they rushed me to a table
faster than if I had been at the emergency room with a stab wound. They used acetone and tin foil and a grinder to take it all off and redo it.
Now I look like a real person again. Without the glitter.
Next I'm going to order an elaborate coffee beverage and see what happens.
The family left yesterday, and something like excitement has started to happen. It might be fear. Shooting your entire family into the sky in a metal tube seems like something you maybe shouldn't do. I’m waiting for them to text to say they’ve landed safely. Tomorrow I wrap up my last storytime, tear out of there before the final “quack” has dissipated, pick up the house-sitter from the airport, and then it’s a red eye to the PNW. Yikes.

the claws look amazing! And either your leg is very tiny and narrow and you have no girl thighs or your hand is super size? Whatever , you are a dish! Happy travels - safe landing- waste not a good looking manicure! Have a great time!!
ReplyDeleteManicures last a lot longer when you're on vacation in my experience. No. housework or gardening. Your fingers are most fine.
ReplyDelete