Sunday, August 28, 2022

night out

Achievement: PASSPORT. After three years and a lot of paperwork and affidavits, I have finally been recognized as a legal person.

Immediately began planning a hypothetical trip to Newfoundland. My family frowned at me when I said I would get a capelin tattoo. 
“What is a capelin?”
“Like a smelt. Or a sardine.”
“No.”


Yes.

Oh, for the frigid summer beaches of Outer Cove, where the sand is made of rocks and dead fish 

It would be the first of a collection of regional tattoos, done on visits to my old places: a piƱon branch and a rattlesnake for Arizona; ilima flowers and roses for Molokai; a medical cadaver and a lump of fudge for Sarasota. Still in the workshopping phase of this list.

To celebrate, we ditched the kids at grandma’s house and hit the mall for dinner and a movie. Pestered the animals at the pet store while waiting for the restaurant to page us.

“Let’s get drunk and buy that Labrador puppy,” I said.

“No.”

Honestly, these people. We watched Thor: Love and Thunder, instead. I played with photo filters on the ride home.





  




Borders can no longer contain me. I am ON THE LOOSE.

2 comments:

  1. Rocking it! Enjoy life while you can...it goes by too darn fast.
    hughugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete