Tuesday, May 31, 2022

wrung out

While my mother is on the mainland for a few weeks, we’ve been doing a pet-sitting rotation and tearing out her kitchen. It’s in the “holy shit let’s just burn it all down” phase of renovation, so I’m kind of glad it’s time for me to go back to work while the guys work on it.


Have fun, stay alive, kids

Zenny is off her pain meds and feeling like herself. She’s not supposed to run, but today she got chased by an angry chicken and didn’t pop her stitches, so they’re healing. Her incisions make her look like she’s been run through with a big fork (one on each side and one in the belly button).

“They’re crooked,” she said. “Call the hospital and tell them we’re not paying.”

It’s just me and the cats for a few days. Some quiet evenings of painting and running after a couple really hard and messy weeks. 

The kids will be going to Lake George with their dad and cousins in July. I won’t be going; work to catch up on, animals to feed, etc. I haven’t been to the lake since my 20s, and I don’t think I will again. But it’s creeping into my dreams, and my music app has been sliding old songs in the rotation, so I’m having some kind of feelings.






The Downtown Art Center is having a figure drawing/painting show this week, and I have 5 pieces on the walls. Here's hoping a few will sell. 


1 comment:

  1. Here's hoping all will sell.
    I am so glad that Zenny is doing well.

    ReplyDelete