Out of stubbornness, I put my name in the drawing for the next library conference this fall. I will make a nuisance of myself until they kick something my way. This one is in Chattanooga, Tennessee. What do they even have in Chattanooga? Distilleries, fried bologna, and nighttime ghost tours, that’s what. Let's go.
- - -
Radiology on Monday, packing on Tuesday, surgery on Wednesday, hospital until Friday, a few weeks of recovery. Zenny prepared a list of things to bring (pillow, stuffie, books), and made sure I won't leave. I told her I'd be pressed against the door of the operating room, they won't be able to get rid of me, and I'm not coming home without her.
First thoughts react, second thoughts reason and comfort, and third thoughts are pragmatic assholes that prepare you for the worst. To get away from third thoughts, I’ve been running more in the evenings. My hips and knees are crackling
like baguettes when I walk, but my meaty bits feel happy.
Koolau Mountains
My neighborhood is full of flowering trees, vegetable gardens, kittens, and chickens. Toads come out when it rains, and I spend most of the time shooing them off the road so they don't get squished. I run along the backside of the police station and wonder about the rotation of smashed cars stored back there. Watch the day-to-day progress of the guy fixing a disassembled truck, the house getting a new stone walkway, the older man building a fiberglass boat in his garage.
Lots of other stories happening everywhere.
Last day of work is tomorrow, for a while.



I do hope the surgery goes smoothly for that precious one of yours, I know the pins and needles it gives since my Granddaughter had a surgery when she was Nine and I probably was past the 3rd Thoughts Stage myself, but had to put on a good Show for her benefit.
ReplyDeleteAs I think I said before- all will be well because I command it. Of course, if it was my child, or my grandchild, I would not believe Rando Blog Person for a second. Still- here I am, believing.
ReplyDeleteMy people are from Chattanooga and believe it or not, it is a very, very sweet place. The people are some of the nicest people in the world and right outside of town you can visit Lookout Mountain which is where my parents were both from. Rock City will rock your world. Do NOT go to Ruby Falls unless you have no problems with claustrophobia.
Sending positive thoughts for Zenny and for you for the next week.
ReplyDelete