The Downtown Art Center recently re-opened their Monday night figure drawing sessions, offering all the excitement of art, nudity, and parking in an underground Chinatown garage. It has been years since I’ve socialized with people my own age and drawn in front of others, and it felt very good to get back at it. Still self-consciously hid all my papers between poses, and did not chat with anyone but the class organizers, but will try to attend at least once a month and work off the nerves. Maybe… make new friends?
This group serves boxed wine instead of tea, which is nice if you want to walk home and blend in with the rest of the impaired people on the street after dark, but not so good if you arrived by car and want to avoid those same people when they lurch into traffic. I did not visit the wine table.
It might have helped my drawings, though.





I'm glad it felt good to be back at it... even feeling rusty, you did good. They could indeed be on to something with the Wine...
ReplyDeleteLove the sketches ... It's been years since I've painted.
ReplyDeleteHave a fun weekend!
hugs
Donna