Friday, January 28, 2022

Time at home

Well, I’m sick. Congratulations, tourists cussing in my face for two years. You finally got me. 

Waiting for stick-up-the-nose results and watching Korean horror movies. Also painting, because any vacation is a painting vacation if I’m well enough to keep my arms up.

Finished a landscape based on one of my grandmother’s old watercolors. I thought I might feel more connected to her, retracing her steps and making the same decisions about the light and colors, but it didn’t work out that way. She might be lost to me. I’m letting it dry and thinking about it.

Landscapes are not my thing, sorry grandma. 

Detail of squashy brush strokes


I’ll have to give it another try. Maybe a landscape that is less… landscapey.


Blocked out an underpainting of Mr. Bones, to take a break from fighting with rocks and water.


A few more days of this would be okay with me, so long as this thing gets better instead of worse.


Edit: Negative! I’m just regular old-fashioned sick, probably from my kids sneezing on me. 

6 comments:

  1. Get better soon! Thumbs crossed. I like grandma's painting ;) But yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do not like doing landscapes, then who drew the header to this blog?

      Delete
    2. I did, but it was an illustration of a painting done by the main character in my Muu story, so I can forgive it because Muu isn't a great painter. Maybe I should paint all my landscapes from someone else's point of view.

      Delete
  2. Now I see from whence your artist genes arose.
    Be well, I command thee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get better soon- but enjoy your sick days too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it wasn't The Rona, but being Sick sucks no matter what it is, hope you feel Well soon.

    ReplyDelete