This week, after years of virtual events, the library system announced they’ll pay the fee for 2 people to attend the PLA conference in March, so I dropped my name in the bucket. Under “why should we choose you?” I did NOT write, “because I am wasting my life standing at this goddamn door and I want to feel alive again”. Instead I wrote, “I’m not afraid of hosting a webinar briefing.” As the only person who submitted storytime videos with the green screen kit they sent to all the branches, maybe I will edge out the others with my melodious dog howling.
It’s like having a lottery ticket, except if I win I get to pay for my own airfare and lodging and also do work on vacation time. Still, the chance of anything interesting happening has been enough to get me back into my jogging pants and looking up coffee shops around the convention center.
Also there is some petty vengeance stuff happening with someone attached to the in-laws. I have something to prove to someone I owe nothing to.
So it’s back on the dietary shenanigans train for me.
Good luck,I hope you get it.
ReplyDeleteMay the gods of conferences smile upon you.
ReplyDeleteDoing anything interesting sounds like winning the Lottery. Petty vengeance stuff is always a drain and a drag to have to deal with.
ReplyDelete