As we were driving home from school this week, Leif suddenly pointed at the road ahead.
“Otter!” he said.
I was confused. “Otter?”
“No,” corrected Zenny, “a goose monk!”
“Oh my gosh, you guys saw a MONGOOSE. You are both fired.”
Do Canadian children sometimes forget what a moose is? I hope so.
This week I spotted a glint in the mirror and leaned in very close before realizing I was looking at a grey hair. A blurry one. A few months ago, Zenny caught me reading in my granny glasses and laughed, then her face crumpled and she hugged me, “I don’t want you to die.” So I traded my glasses for headaches, just to cut her some slack.
Now I’ve got grey hair, though. Might as well be able to read comfortably while my kids freak out about my mortality.
From here on out, every animal that I cannot identify will be a Goosemonk.
ReplyDeleteAh, aren't we all one day closer to Death... my Mortality has been in Question for a long time with the Adult Kids and Adult Grandkids and Younger Grands alike. When I got The Rona they all thought I was gonna just roll over for it and Die, the histrionics were Sweet and then they realized with Mi Vida Loca, I wouldn't be lucky enough to Die... they all sighed a unanimous Sigh of Relief. We have such wicked gallow's humor in this family. You look good in your reading glasses... are you sure the Grey Hair wasn't a Platinum Blonde one? That's my Story and I stick to it... even tho' I've never been a natural Blonde.
ReplyDeletemongooses , mon gee, mon geeses, I dunno, We saw a few when we were there and they did not look monkish.
ReplyDeleteThe babies are cute, but then what baby isn't. Hope your wee girl is OK now (?) Stay well, y'all. Is the goose monk your very own creation? It is fabulous.