Monday, July 05, 2021

Arizona day 7

Cleaned the junk pile in the dining room, hauled the poop rug outside and scrubbed it until I smelled like a wet dog, and  scanned a few hundred old photos to upload for printing. Almost fell asleep watching the fireworks go off over the downtown.

A snake slithered past my foot while I was hosing the rug off in the afternoon, and I couldn’t remember if the rhyme was red touches black, kill a Jack or red touches black, safe for a Jack, so I looked it up before running away. Either way, I think you’re pretty safe so long as you don’t grab it like a squeak toy. 

(It’s red touches black, safe for Jack, red touches yellow, kill a fellow. This one was just a red and black groundsnake.)






Two more days.

3 comments:

  1. That gun is marvelous. I would run BEFROE looking up the snake :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowie, that gun so real I hurt myself.
    Looks like some one got rich from scratch tickets?
    I am going to miss your posts from this alternate universe- it is so delightfully weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember Rhymes well either when confronted by a Snake!

    ReplyDelete