Saturday, July 03, 2021

Arizona Day 5

Some asshole spilled fish juice in the rental car, and spent the day trying to sniff out the stinky spot and clean it instead of taking nice pictures.

Went to Walmart and found a pamphlet that said “TRUST ME!” next to the toilet. Not sure which cult they wanted me to join, because I at least have enough sense not to pick up literature out of public toilets, but I love that somebody thought a sneaky crooked finger would be a good way to entice people to their doomsday ideology.


Not today, Walmart 

Spent some time painting the toothless decapitated deer that watched us eat dinner at the Hualapai lodge.


4th of July fireworks are everywhere, and it looks like sparklers are not illegal in the Wild West. I thought about stuffing a few packs of $2 sparklers into the suitcase for the kids, then decided that $2 was a good price to pay to not go to jail for smuggling fireworks. 

Today: cashing in my scratch ticket for what will surely be the winning card this time.

Temptation and vice everywhere over here.

3 comments:

  1. Be strong woman! Resist temptation and trust no one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Mary's sage advice.
    I am loving your trip so far. And your art journal. In fact- you should just stay there, it is so amusing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a parched Desert enduring Two Years of drought and yet having Fireworks Display hawkers on every corner, huh? The Sun does indeed fry the Brains of many Arizonans and this is still the Wild, Wild West in so many ways. I agree with Ms. Moon, Trust no one!

    ReplyDelete