Sunday, May 09, 2021

Yikes

Guess who’s got fake tattoos and tickets to New York in August?

This lady. 


And also the college kid, since he’s the one getting delivered to his dorm.

It’s really weird having things happening again, after a year of standing at a door. But starting Monday, door duty is OVER, and the library is open to all riff-raff like usual, with no time limits or book quarantine or hourly cleaning. Masks and distancing are still in effect, so I’m going to be constantly screaming across the children’s section for people to cover their stupid noses, but that is one of my special skills, right under “barnyard noises”.

Pottery update: we tried making a wedging board, which is a slab of plaster that won’t adhere to the clay while you’re kneading the air bubbles out of it like bread dough, and accidentally made way too small of a box with way too tall walls, so you could kind of drop the clay into it and smush it with your fingers, if you were really determined. 

Damn it.

I’m going to make a lot more plaster and fill it to the top like a giant brick. Then next time I hear prowlers outside the studio, I can arm myself with a 20lb hunk of plaster instead of an empty beer mug. 

My Instagram stories got spoopy this week. 
Note: NOT MY CAT.

Belts arrive this week, then the pottery wheel will be wheeling again. And I’ll be on it.

2 comments:

  1. I adore you. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I know Murdering is not appropriate when the Victim is Painting Chickens, perhaps I shall take up Painting... Chickens. They are so Adorable and I've been seriously thinking of getting a couple for our Mini Farm. I might get over that delusion that it would be Fun... or effortless... to have a couple Hens... in the City, even tho' I have Acreage that allows it.

    ReplyDelete