Trimming is hard. My bowl lost its grip, flew off the wheel, hit the wall of the basin at high speed like an overconfident 7 year old at a skating rink, and knocked out a chunk of its rim. I bent it back into shape, carved a matching chunk out of the other side of the rim, and now it’s a ramen bowl.
Still counts.

Necessity is the mother...
ReplyDeleteEtc.
I like your Ramen Bowl Accidental Invention, you're onto something there... and Yes, it Counts. The Granddaughter took Ceramics this Year in her Freshman Class and her Art Teacher is very Anal about the Kiddos doing their Creations EXACTLY like she wants them to be... and my Grandchild is far too Creative and Free Spirited for that... so her Grades weren't as Great as her Art deserved and it's the only reason she thought she Hated Ceramics until I encouraged her because damn, the Kid is good at Sculpting! I'd rather she have a Teacher like you...
ReplyDelete