Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Too cheap to buy round panels

Bad dreams, woke up composing “if you’re reading this, I am dead” letters in my sleep. Something about getting trampled playing frisbee - very deep and meaningful stuff.

Alexa, slap me out of it. 



Thank you.

Baked a few loaves of raisin bread and started another painting of Zenny. The portrait seemed like it should be round, but I don’t have any round panels, and I’m not allowed to buy any more painting stuff until the last 3 aluminum panels are used up, so I put a trivet down and traced its circle onto a square of ACM. 

First layer - still need to do the headband and figure out what is going on with the background 

Put my mask on and varnished the recent flower paintings. Eyeballed the commission I am neglecting because I'm mad at the hands in the picture. Avoided working on it by coating some tiny cheap Walmart wood panels with linseed oil to build up a paintable surface that won't bleed or warp, and now they are drying in the metal sink outside just in case they burst into flames. My can of linseed oil is rusted and old, and I have been assured it will spontaneously combust, so I handle it like someone defusing a bomb. This is where it's nice that we have the air humidity of a swimming pool.

Am getting overloaded with these paintings. The goal for these next few months is to get an etsy shop together and move some things out. Then I'm going to buy all the round panels I can eat.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to own a something you painted. Please do get the shop going.

    ReplyDelete