The family was out with the visiting mother-in-law when I got home, so I threw all my stuff down, pushed everything off the table, and painted a tiny pinecone as fast as I could.
Finally found my carmine pencils. I kind of dig how the red shows through where I left the paint thin.
Gavin brought me this pinecone from Point Roberts a couple summers ago, and it has just occurred to me that my teenager accidentally smuggled undeclared agriculture into the state. I'll have to burn the thing before it destroys the eco system. Unless it is too late.
Important chicken update
Chickadoo came around for cake and I figured it was a good time to go steal her eggs, but when I went down into the basement there was an entirely different chicken sitting on the clutch of [mostly stolen and replaced with plastic] eggs. WHAT. Who is THIS? Where are my chickens laying eggs? Why are wild chickens living in my BASEMENT? This is all terrible.




No comments:
Post a Comment