Of all my duties as temporary boss of the library, the worst is the leaving of the answering machine recording. I can sing songs and make barnyard noises with groups of 60 kids, but reciting the library hours into a 20 year-old telephone is absolutely harrowing. I think I panicked at the end and said “bye-ee-eee” with at least 3 syllables and slammed the phone down. I don’t know. I didn’t play it back.
Anyway, after that I felt immortal and managed not to get killed by a sofa. Again. Survival rate continues at 100%. Maneuvered it into an impossible porch/walkway and did not take out the door frame or myself. WIN.
Po the Pee-bag (13 year-old cat) unleashed her weirdly-shrimp-scented bladder into our poor old hand-me-down couch when the kitten got into her space - and then into the bare cushions while we were washing the couch covers - and mother-in-law is coming next week, so we have to replace all our furniture before she gets here. OKAY THEN.
I want to call the library to see if I sound stupid but I’m not going to.

Now I want to call the library. Number please?
ReplyDeleteGood job on the furniture! Always a bonus when no one dies.