Thursday, February 21, 2019

the wild car

The boys didn't take any good pictures of fire hydrants on their trip to Japan, so I painted Ron's busted Ford Anglia for them to remember the trip by, instead. 



We've still got a few jelly slugs and chocolate wands to compose a still-life, but if I do that I'll be in danger of eating my models again (see: walnuts).

No, if it comes to painting food, I'm going to be painting a pork chop, out of pettiness (I still want that $350 pork chop). Or maybe I'll paint a cut of meat that is more locally-favored, like ox tails.

or maybe... maybe not




Short ribs, then.

BEAUTIFUL - pin it on the inspiration board 


I will go to the neighborhood grocery and see which meat speaks to me - skipping past the skinned pig faces, which just scream, mostly.

I have, as mentioned, the dietary scruples of a raccoon, so I would eat pork face if someone prepared it for me, but that's an ingredient that would be hard to explain to the police if they looked in your freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment