Sunday, January 07, 2018

qualitative art content

It will be a relief to drinking song aficionados to know that I looked up the words to "Show Me the Way to go Home" and have been singing it correctly ever since. Badly. Incessantly. But correctly.

The kids are going back to school tomorrow and there is much excitement. From me, mostly. Between the holidays and the illnesses, I haven't been down in the studio for nearly a month. A month. My skin feels like it's crawling off.

SPEAKING OF - one of my Christmas presents arrived late, and it is wonderful. And also terrible. And smelly. I am suspicious that they used some kind of toxic gas to murder these things, and that the gas leaked out into the packaging. Here's hoping they're all actually dead. I am going to paint some beautiful, awful pictures.



While I was not painting, I drew a little portrait study.



Having a child with a unibrow, wide-set eyes, and tiny mouth was the best thing to ever happen to my drawing style. Love her.

My "draw me a tattoo" queue is kind of backed up, so I drew a mermaid instead of anything anyone actually asked for.


Call it a warm-up for the full sleeve Sarah is going to wind up with after I get all the cosmic elements into her tattoo of SaraswatiHindu goddess, knitting, in Swedish folk art style - with alien abduction!


I will include a letter of apology with the final design.


No comments:

Post a Comment