Tuesday, November 07, 2017

a fast little figure painting

Instead of overworking the painting for three days, I gave myself three colors, a couple of hours, and focused on painting the light instead of the shadows. This went ok.


It's a small thing; 5x7. I think I should do about 10 more of these, until I'm fast and confident.



I am having a few feelings about seeing Seattle again. The last time I went was 11 years ago, on a trip to a library conference just after getting chucked and divorced. I was walking around with my chest flayed open, bleeding onto anyone who got close enough. It was not a good scene. But I did enjoy the smell of winter and roasting coffee in the city, and the bobbing boats and snowfall in La Conner completely charmed me. When I am old and sell my home in Hawaii, I will buy a little cottage with a view of the harbor in La Conner, get full sleeves of mermaid tattoos from the old-timey tattoo parlor by the chocolate shop, and paint winter ocean scenes from my patio. I will knit fisherman sweaters and have two fat cats and a guest room for grandchildren. Mark it.


No comments:

Post a Comment