Monday, July 03, 2017

West coast here I come

I gritted my teeth and clicked the buttons and it is done - I'll be on Whidbey Island for 5 days in November for a portrait workshop with Elizabeth Zanzinger. By myself, in a cottage with chickens, within walking distance of the harbor and adorable small town shops. I almost did a hard right turn and booked a workshop in New Mexico, because I miss the desert, but it was in Albuquerque. Albuquerque has all the allure of a rest area with a busted out vending machine. I looked at a few motels on google street view before deciding I would get murdered in a Waffle House if I spent a week there alone. 

So I'm flying in to Seattle, instead. It will be like the honeymoon I always imagined - by myself, in an art studio and eating fish & chips by the wharf.

4 months to knit a sweater for this thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment