I don't know if this style of painting is the one for me, but I'm starting to get used to it. Learn the basics and then experiment, I guess.
The shadows kicked my ass.
But the highlights favored me. I used gessobord this time, and liked it a lot more than canvas.

And I trashed the table again. Also a very fat cat tried to walk across my wet paint, so I grabbed her and she fell and we sort of did a 20lb juggling act which ended in her raking her hind claws across my chest from collarbone to sternum. There was blood. Painting is hazardous business.
I feel indifferent about the painting, except that I'm glad I've got more hours of practice in, but the pencil & acrylic wash figure studies I did beforehand went a lot better.
related: I need to lift weights more
I used terrible paper, so it warped, but still.
"Make a gesture like you have 3 kids."
If nothing else, painting will help me solidify my drawing style. "Knowing what you DON'T want is important," as my mother says.





No comments:
Post a Comment