Saturday, November 05, 2016

So the shower is finished

And it's a beautiful outdoor shower. Woodsy, natural, makes you feel like you are bathing beside a lake with the smell of the forest around you. And, if you turn slowly in a circle while standing completely naked, you realize that between the top of the wall and the bottom of the roof there is a 360 degree crack* through which you can maintain eye contact with the neighbors. That you are a phone-on-a-stick away from being broadcast live on facebook by someone sneaking up on you behind the neighboring wall. The three inch gap** is not enough to allow a glimpse of your wobbly parts, but it sure feels like it. That narrow slice of sky and windows renders the entire concrete and wood structure completely invisible, so you are standing exposed and nervous under the luxury waterfall shower head. It is a blessing, then, that the man forgot to put a light in it, so I can shower under cover of darkness. Last night I dreamed that I was taking a shower and all my old boyfriends came in to look at me with their heads tilted in disappointment. Thanks for that, brain.

Okay this is before the bench and the final waterproofing and floor cleaning, but STILL. Nice. Despite the Terrible Crack.

edited to amend:

* alright, fine, I stood in the shower and turned around and it's more like 45 degrees. But they're a REALLY WIDE 45 degrees. Someone with binoculars might see my forehead if they look hard enough out the upstairs window.

** it's way bigger than 3 inches. Massively bigger, on the house-facing side. I could climb up and squeeze through if I ever got locked in, especially if covered in soap, and then fall into the fish pond. 

No comments:

Post a Comment