Friday, November 27, 2015

36 in pictures

We tried to get a proper picture of me to document the aging process going on here. I have the fine-photography modeling skills of a lemur, and the man has a knack for taking pictures of people blinking, so these are the best we got.



Look down. To the side. That's no good. Smile. TOO MUCH. Whatever, good enough. *click*


What I actually look like most of the time. 

The year my last baby was a baby for the last time. 2.5 going on 12.


What I look like the rest of the time. 


More on Thanksgiving in a bit.

8 comments:

  1. Awww, happy birthday, harpy! What a beautiful smile you have. What do you feed that cat? S/he's nearly the size of your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    Sookie is the standard by which we judge all holiday roasts. She's 19lbs, and we've never figured out why. We've had her thyroid tested and checked for diabetes, but he official diagnosis was, "She's just fat." We have two athletic cats who bound outside and scrabble up trees, and two hamcats who lay around snoozing and waddle very fast at meal times. They all eat the same amount. The skinny ones would be able to fight to survive, but the fat ones would outlast them in the elements. Not sure who's winning, metabolism-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four cats -- I see you are one of my people. Is Sookie named after Anna Paquin? I have a soft spot for the giant kitties. We have two orange brothers, one of whom has lymphoma, & we're going into debt on chemo to keep him around a bit longer. He's such a lovely guy. Things weren't going well & he lost a ton of weight, but they just tried a new poison pill, & he's porking up, and -- rejoicing abounds! :) In the meantime, our friends had to put their papa into assisted living, so we took his tiny cat (who was terrorizing their much larger cats and dogs) & she has fallen in love with the brother who doesn't have cancer. Now the 16 lb kitty and the 6 lb kitty spend their nights together wedged into the same bed, and I am comforted thinking that when cancer kitty leaves us, his brother will have a good friend. Signed, Big Sap

    ReplyDelete
  4. The very same Sookie Stackhouse - except named for the books, which I was reading at the time, just before True Blood came out and ruined the series. Like a damn hipster (if hipsters read paranormal romance novels).

    How old is chemo kitty? :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chemo kitty is 13 (as is his brother, who is healthy as horses). And he will be 14. I declare & insist upon it, the reason being that he has salt & pepper whiskers and freckles on his nose, & I cannot spare him.

    So are you Holly vs Holly Jane depending on where you post from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, yep. I have editing permissions for both my emails, but I am too lazy/stupid to figure out how to remove my middle name from one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, Holly Jane, but what I really want to know is: Why do men accept the Scriptures about John's Baptism but reject the Scriptures concerning New Covenant baptism? hahahahaha



    ReplyDelete
  8. haaaha *pouring us both another gin*

    ReplyDelete