Friday, June 12, 2015

Kamehameha Day

Kamehameha. The unifier of islands. The shover of people off of high cliffs. The caver of skulls of slaves who looked upon his countenance. The guy who gave us a state holiday in the middle of the week, creating a confusing mini-Monday the following morning.

On this holiday, my mother and I pretended to be ladies. We got haircuts, which isn't my favorite activity because it involves having a stranger's hands in my hair, and then my mother forced me into a pedicure chair, and a stranger rubbed her hands all over my feet. Horror and dismay. And I was embarrassed by my toe hair, but then we read the menu on the wall and decided that the pedicure ladies were probably pretty happy we hadn't asked them to wax our butts. They agreed.

Achievement: desk and video card. Almost ready to get arting again.

Still a bit sick. Starting to believe this is just how I am now; tired and hoarse and covered in used tissues.

No comments:

Post a Comment