Recently, I have been wanting to establish more of a uniform for myself, work-attire-wise. It helps people if you look like the thing they expect you to be - and I want that thing to be friendly, competent, and accessible. Younger people tend to ping off the reference desk nervously instead of asking for help, and older men look past me to see if someone with more authority is available. A uniform might help everyone feel more comfortable. Myself included. 5 of the same shirts, 5 of the same pants, DONE. I can always cheer it up with amusing jewelry. I'm putting "jeans" in the poll, because that is what everyone at work wears, but I might upgrade to black pants.
So here is what I wear right now (except with hair up):
I was smiling at the camera, but Zenny chose that moment to throw all her coloring books on the floor, and then we had to scramble to clean up and get shoes and keys and shove everyone out the door and POINT ILLUSTRATED - I don't have time to coordinate outfits.
So. Dark and neutral? Bright and chipper? What would make you comfortable approaching a librarian?
Click a button! It is anonymous!

No comments:
Post a Comment