Tuesday, May 12, 2015

KCBW DAY 2: It's all about you

This post can be about your reality, your aspirations, past, present or future. Enjoy talking about you.

Oh, you sweet altruistic purpose-driven bloggers. My posts are always all about me.

So let's talk about things I find too personal to talk about. And then delete this later, because eew. I will do this in the form of what I imagine to be the top questions people may have. I will answer actual questions in the comments, if anyone has any.

1. Holy shit, you've been blogging for like 12 years and you have no readers, why do you even do this?

I started blogging in the very newborn beginning of intarweb blogs, before people had niches and etsy shops and pretty tutorials. I was in love with someone I had no business being in love with, who did not feel the same, and so I left my life open optimistically, like a book on a coffee table. And it didn't work, but I am still here, talking away for years and years and years. I'm throwing out words like a trail of bread crumbs. I guess it feels more like feeding birds now. I have removed my blog listing from google and closed comments from spammers and anonymous users, which pares down my readers to friends, family, knitters, and intrepid/accidental web acquaintances. I'd feel weird writing anything if I knew 500 people were weighing in on it. Which would probably improve my content, but OH WELL.

2.  Hey, didn't you get divorced? Did you re-marry the same person? What is happening?!

Yeah. We remarried two years ago. It is like this: shitty people can do good things, and still be really unpleasant individuals to be around most of the time. My husband is a good person who has done some really shitty things, and he's very nice to be with. It's been 18 years. You hang on to the people who are gripping your hands as you hurtle through the years, even if you do have stray bread crumbs flying from your skirts.


3. Who would you cast as yourself in the movie of your life?

Tim Minchin.


Maybe Steve Buscemi, when hobos pee in the library sink.




4. What's your favorite song?

Nope, TOO PERSONAL. I am failing at my own questions.


5. What's for dinner?

Oh, damn. *scheduling blog to publish in the morning*


Stay tuned for tomorrow: experimental photography day!



No comments:

Post a Comment