Thursday, July 03, 2014

pudding muscles

Yesterday, I walked across the street to the park and signed up for a gym membership.
Today, I went to the gym on my lunch break.
I went, and now I want to throw up, and lie down, and maybe die for a little while.
It was a short workout, and a good percentage of it was spent getting my shoes stuck in my pants, but it was a start. The first machine I tried wouldn’t turn on, and I ended up standing there like a potato, pretending to be examining the settings expertly so that nobody would think I was too stupid to do anything but bang the ON button repeatedly, which is what I was actually doing. After a minute of this, I swanned away to the treadmill and spent the warmup time examining the equipment in the mirror, so that by the time I rolled off the machine I was able to do a round of weights in a fairly natural manner. Was pleased when I could lift the weight already set on the machine (German legs), and surreptitious when I had to slip the pin up about 6 notches (French arms). Have taken a before picture, which I will post if it ever becomes the left half of an inspirational transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment