The
Erin cardigan inches along on my lunch breaks. The back is nearly done, with added waist shaping for my womanly bulges.
In the sketchbook, I've been blocking out book illustrations. In the car, I'm listening to
the Shining so that I can read
Doctor Sleep, and while the narrator drones desultorily I'm thinking in a detached way about the hypothetical home, with hypothetical art table, design wall, knitting chair, and sunny window. I'm cautious about wanting things too much, as an invitation to disaster, but... it creeps. It's like I'm passing through the weeks in sketchy translucent grey, clutching bits of color hopefully and waiting for feelings to start blooming again.
You've already touched the bottom of a barrel and found that you can bob to the surface again. I wouldn't stop yourself from hoping and wanting. (It's easy for me to say this, of course, being at the bottom of a proverbial barrel myself at times.) I want to see you get all the rainbows again. That will give me hope for myself, too. :)
ReplyDeleteYes! Will achieve success and longevity through the same woo woo that has resulted in a livingroom full of loveseats!
ReplyDelete