Tuesday, September 25, 2012

DEATH MATCH - :Made up inside my head:

Working for the government is just a long slog through paperwork. Paperwork to do more paperwork. Waiting for the faxes of that paperwork to attach to other paperwork to submit with additional paperwork. There is paperwork to save other people from doing paperwork that no longer needs to be done, and paperwork to defend yourself when they panic and cc all your bosses because they don't know how to stop doing the paperwork you're trying to spare them.

 So yesterday I started devising a resignation speech in my head. It was in all-caps, and involved stapling things to people. I said as much to sarah, and she replied, "Do the resignation with a top hat and a cane."




This is excellent advice. And coincidentally, the Internet was in need of more pictures of cats in hats.

So here I present a DRAMATIC RE-ENACTMENT OF RESIGNATION WHICH HAS NOT YET OCCURRED.


Scene 1: soliloquy - "fucks I do not give." 


Scene - wait, oh no. Actor is drunk.

REENACTMENT CONTINUES WITH NEW ACTOR


Good day sir. I SAID GOOD DAY.

Much better. It really wasn't a complicated speech.

And all resignations are better when you end them with something random and confusing. ROBOT IN A TOP HAT.



8 comments:

  1. Lovely - --

    And do do quit! And just draw!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think this is the thing to do. Am shipping the kids away to my mother's house until I can tie up ends, pack a barge, and join them. And BECAUSE there will be no kids for a few weeks, there is this to consider, as a jump-start to illustration fame/ruin: http://www.24hourcomicsday.com/

    Am going to strong-arm all you art-types into drinking a gallon of coffee and participating, too.

    (thanks FK for the heads up on that!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good for you! What a huge step. I am jealous.

      I am looking at the 24 hour comic now .... Maybe...

      Delete
  3. I adore you. And I can't wait to buy all your books and illustrations. If I was rich I'd be your patron, but you'll have to settle for e-mails full of adoration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is more than I am normally paid in! <3

    I was going to make all the cats wear the hat, but I couldn't find the hamcat, even though she is too fat to hide anywhere. Just before bed, I found her trapped in a dresser drawer. Am terrible pet owner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done that before. The best part was that the cat had been sound asleep the whole time and didn't even notice she'd been trapped.

      Delete
  5. I can't think of anything to say except that I dream of resignations, too, but lack balls to go through with it. I guess I'm selfish and want to keep my house and food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it to work-death.

    ReplyDelete