Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dark and slashy murderous mayhem

Theme: dark and slashy. Or squirrel attack. Or murderous mayhem. We got confused.

My problem in these challenges is that I don't have a style. I leap from stuffed animal to sculpey armatures to pillow creatures. It would be a lot easier if I had a signature critter, which I could rig up according to theme like SENSIBLE PEOPLE. Will work on that.

In the meantime, I decided on a freezer paper (ie 'cheater's silkscreen') project, then discovered that all my exacto knives were broken, having been used as screwdrivers. Decided on something else, dropped down on the couch to draw plans, and splashed into cat pee. Stripped the cover and cushions, put them in the washer, and made an axe to skin the cats with.







My mom was unimpressed, and said, "I don't understand why you're doing these things." Well at least I haven't taken up recreational vagazzling, or collecting miniature animals made out of fruit.

4 comments:

  1. I love the little, evil face on that thing.

    oh, and the axe is adorable too.

    (erin from Robot a Day)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did try to do the cat in with it, too. Good thing I didn't put the dowel in it; it was like trying to kill a rabbit by slapping it with a sock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hurr. Yeah, that. Now, what I ought to so is sew him a giant fish to slap people with.

    ReplyDelete