Friday, June 22, 2007

stir until crazy

Having completely squicked myself out with self-help books on understanding abusive sexual addictions, I tossed the lot and picked up some books on zen philosophy. I have been the only person doing any squaring in this squaring-off with Mike, and I say he can sing ballads under my balcony with roses in his teeth (up his nose?) while I squander my evenings reading in the tub; this ickiness is his to face, not mine.  It's a bit hard getting through non-fiction while getting sidetracked by Harry Potter, but it's a nice change after the nastiness of the other stuff.


use the CATALOG!

Today I have been stir crazy. Heather threw a handful of chocolates at me as I snarled past her office, flapping my stacks of book reviews. Moment for self-examination: will these chocolates bring me pleasure, or will they bring me happiness? Pleasure, surely. But they also prevent me from shaking patrons by the hair, so that counts towards some sort of happiness. It is comforting to have newfound spiritualosity.

edited to add: whoever thinks it is funny to have a tiny kitten meow as their cell phone ring tone is going to find their locker bashed open. Any day now. Just sayin.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still hoping for the Meow-Phone- left-in-the-hot-summer-car scenario so that the concerned citizens of this town will bash those windows out and rescue that poor lil' phone.

    "raaow . . . raaaow . . . raaaaow"
    Yeah, "just sayin'" is about right.

    ReplyDelete