Monday, June 18, 2007

did what now?

Gavin got his first kiss today - then his first reprimand for kissing at daycare. He shrugged about it as he explained what happened this evening, "She kissed my cheek, and cheek, and lips." He pointed to each. "She said she had to kiss me cause I'm hers boyfriend. I don't want to be hers boyfriend. I want her to kiss me on my cheek, not my lips. When we eat lunch she goes, gimme yous fruit! and I tell hers no, it's my fruit, and she says wah gimme pweeeeze wah and I don't want to give it to hers cause I'm hungwy and she's whining." He sighed. "She says I has to cause I'm hers boyfriend. But I don't. Oh well." I think I made a strangled noise. I thought about the little girl's sparkling pink Disney Princess hoof-shoes and imagined her clippity-clopping on my son's arm to the prom, adjusting her plastic tiara and eating off his plate. 


Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment