The day began early, cat sailing out the bedroom door after yowling me awake, groggy self shuffling into the bathroom to find up some advil and take a shower to get the smell of chicken wings off me. Gavin tackled me with his Mother's Day card, which I pinned up on the fridge. We ate cereal and sat over his baby album, reminiscing. Mike and I stood in front of the stove, eating rum cake with our hands. By noon we had a mission; liverwurst. We hadn't had any since the last time we were in New York.
The deli was closed. The other deli was closed. The deli near the library was out of business. The deli across town was closed. Supermarket after supermarket we came up empty, so finally we bought a log of mass-market stuff and I texted J. to see if he knew where to get liverwurst. This led to a long thumb-spraining explanation of what liverwurst was. On the one hand, I now have info on the location of a German meat market on the east side. On the other, I have to beat J. at pool in exchange for my earring that he is holding hostage. Wily.
But it was a good day, a good long weekend. Happy to get back into the work week.
Holly, you need a RSS feed so that I can read you on my LJ friends list!
ReplyDeleteAnd liverwurst...haven't had that since I was a kid! Now I want some!
xo,
andriagirlie