Friday, October 21, 2005

undaunted, we advance...

... to serve the principle of freedom.

My orals are next week, just to clear up confusion.

I went to bed ridiculously early last night. Patted the computer as I shut it down, crawled into bed with my baby, and woke up every hour for the rest of the night as Mike failed to return from work. The motorcycle finally rolled up at daybreak, just as I was rolling out of bed for my shower. Yes, we are remembering how things were going before he left to New York. Oh well, only another couple of months left, then we may have time to see one another again.

Today I intern, at noon I hop in the car and earn myself some pay at WCC. Then I'm off to the mall to blow that money on Christmas presents (must get them when I can, I'm not going to have money in December). I love the winter months, it makes me happy to shop for presents, bake things, listen to seasonal music, and drink spiced tea. I've never lived in one place long enough to really call it home, but the winter holidays take that place for me. These months are home.

2 comments:

  1. but surely you must hate the onslaught of christmas kitsch that arrives the moment the leftover thanksgiving turkey is put in the fridge...

    believe it or not, it's even worse here. since thanksgiving in canada is in october, then as soon as halloween passes then it's CHRISTMAS EVERYWHERE. on november 1st. argh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to think I have mental powers that summon the holidays by sheer willpower. This year I got them to bust out the Christmas kitsch in August! Funny how the worse the economy gets, the better my summoning powers become. ;)

    Nope, I love that junk. I dance through the forest of Christmas trees at Macys with big happy anime eyes.

    ReplyDelete