I infuriated the driver behind me by stopping my car in the right hand lane and parking. She honked. I pointed at the big yellow sign and jerked my thumb for her to go around me. She pulled up next to me and read the sign loudly, trailing off and zooming away when she got to the "except weekends and holidays" part after No Parking Anytime. Ha.
The fire alarm was honking in the library as I got in at 7:45am. I watched the security guards run around, then pulled out my book. I had allowed my frozen chicken dinner to thaw and leak all over this novel, and in the following days in a hot car, a thick fur of black mold had grown over half of it. I blew away some fuzz, peeled the pages apart, wiped as much of the black mossiness off as I could, and wiped my hands on my pants. Good thing I never took Preservation.
With planned power outages, A/C troubles, psychotic computers and mysterious printer problems, today is looking up. Toolbox Guy was taking digital pictures of his computer screen, which was filled with pictures of drunk frat boys. He gave me a furtive stare and hid his activities. I didn't ask.
Mat passed his orals, and we convened to congratulate him in the afternoon. Happy Hour at Dave & Busters was slow enough that my buzz wore off between drinks, and I did not get drunk enough to enjoy the video games. Yuri beat the tar out of the virtual boxer while I got my face jabbed in, but I at least managed to shoot more bad guys than her in Police911. She shot all of her colleagues. I'll remember to pick a different partner when I find myself in a library shootout. Gavin went for the driving games, crashing his car into every wall, field, and pedestrian on the screen. Mat and Mel smooched a lot. We left at 7:45pm, and I watched the young college crowd streaming in to begin their Friday night. I curled up in bed with my baby and was asleep by 9pm. Wild thing. Maybe when Mike comes back we can take the motorcycle down to Ward and have a go at D&B's and a movie at the MegaPlex of Doom.
Mike comes home tomorrow.
Perhaps when Mike gets back, he will have a suprise for you. One which might call for a motorcycle drive to D&B followed by a ride home for some fun in the bedroom. Rrrrooowl.
ReplyDeletelike you're going to be able to walk after tomorrow night, much less drive a motorcycle. ;)
ReplyDelete