The funny thing about Brownies of Spite is that they can quickly turn into Brownies of Karma. I thought I would make a lovely pan of Ghirardelli brownies, post pictures, and eat them with the thought, "ha ha, so-and-so can't have a brownie". But I burned the shit out of the brownies - ate them anyway - and sobbed, "wah, so-and-so should be eating these brownies". Serves me right. At first I had dubbed them the Brownies of Despair, because I figured I was so despondent over my online and real-life communities falling apart, but they were, in fact, just me being spiteful. "You wanna hear about real Brownies of Despair?" Yuri said, "I have a recipe for flour-free brownies that are made with black beans and Splenda." Well that does sound worse.
I woke with sleep in my eyes and an uncomfortably fluttering chest. Fighting off light-headedness, I rolled out of bed at 5am to deposit my feverish son on the toilet before he got diarrhea in the bed. This is the start of a long day, I predict. At 7am I sat in the student service center with my mother's computer and drank a cup of chai as I checked my email. Now, organizing my thoughts for my internship work and impending Management of Libraries class, I wish I had brought more to snack on than a burned lump of brownie and a squashed banana.
A long day, I say. Mike at least went to a bar last night with our dance group to enjoy live celtic music, fielding a pass from a drunk girl who wanted to know what was under his kilt. Now he suffers from 4 hours of sleep as he watches a sick baby at home. I feel bad for these long Thursdays.
Off to gaze at my inbox again...
edited to add: My knees are killing me! I'm too damn young to have my arthritis act up every time it rains. Ri-goddam-diculous. Someone fetch me my glucosamine!
No comments:
Post a Comment